Louisa Community Bank recognizes that you expect a high level of privacy and confidentiality when it comes to your financial affairs and your personal information. We are committed to providing the highest level possible. In the normal course of business we gather nonpublic personal information about our customers and those who transact business with us. We will safeguard and protect this information at all times.
We, our, and us, when used in this notice, mean Louisa Community Bank, Inc. This is our privacy notice for our customers. When we use the words “you” and “your” we mean the following types of customers:
- Our consumer customers who have a continuing relationship by purchasing or holding financial products or services such as a(n):
- Deposit account
- Loan account
- Safe deposit box
- Retail installment contract we hold and service
- Insurance policies issued by or through us
- Real estate settlement services
- All IRA accounts for which we act as custodian
We will tell you the sources of the information we collect about you. We will tell you what measures we take to secure that information.
We first define some terms.
Nonpublic personal information means information about you that we collect in connection with providing a financial product or service to you. Nonpublic personal information does not include information that is available from public sources, such as telephone directories or government records. Hereafter, we will use the term “information” to mean nonpublic personal information as defined in this section.
An affiliate is a company we own or control, a company that owns or controls us, or a company that is owned or controlled by the same company that owns or controls us. Ownership does not mean complete ownership, but means owning enough to have control.
A nonaffiliated third party is a person we do not employ or a company that is not an affiliate of ours. This is also known as nonaffiliated third party, or simply, an “other party.”
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you from the following sources:
- Information you give us on applications or other forms
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information about your transactions with other parties
- Information from a consumer reporting agency
- Information we receive as a result of verifying customer information
THE CONFIDENTIALITY, SECURITY, AND INTEGRITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We restrict access to information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect this information.
YOUR INFORMATION AND OTHER PARTIES
We will not disclose information about you to anyone except as disclosed in this policy or as permitted by law. Examples of this might include disclosures necessary to service your account or prevent unauthorized transactions.
INFORMATION ABOUT FORMER CUSTOMERS
We do not disclose information about former customers, except as permitted by law.
Types of Businesses
Here are the types of businesses with whom we may disclose information for outside marketing purposes:
- Service providers that perform marketing services for us, such as:
- Direct sales companies
- Marketing Advisory Firm
YOUR INFORMATION AND AFFILIATES - FUTURE CHANGES
In the future, we may disclose information about you to affiliates, even though we are not doing so now. Here are the kinds of information we may disclose to our affiliates:
Transaction and experience information from our account records:
- Information about your transactions and experience with us, such as:
- Account balances
- Account activity
- Types of accounts
- Parties to the transaction
- Transaction history
- Payment history
- Deposit history
Federal law allows us to disclose the information listed above with our affiliates. You do not have a right to opt out of the disclosure of this information.
Types Of Affiliates
We may disclose information about you in the future to the following types of affiliates:
- Financial service providers, such as:
- Mortgage bankers
- Insurance agents Reasons For Disclosure
We may disclose information about you in the future to our affiliates:
- to provide you with information about additional products and services.
- to evaluate our total relationship with you and our family of companies and give the best price that relationship deserves.